26/09/2021 BSLFC First vs Milton United

BSLFC First Team 10 vs 0 Milton United

The first team welcomed Milton United to Chapel Gate for our first ever encounter.

Having been a bit wasteful in front of goal last week the team knew they had to take their chances if we weren’t going to run the risk of dropping more points. With the other 4 teams currently in the top 5 positions all playing each other, it was going to be a huge 3 points to move us up the league.

It didn’t take long to show that we had learned from last week, Miles scoring with our first effort of the game after 90 seconds, picking up a pass from Brewer, and finishing with what is fast becoming a trademark finish from 25yds. 1-0

7 minutes later and we trying to let Milton back in when a defensive mistake gave them a great chance but Owen was on hand to make an easy save.

Shaw then got her first chance of the game on 9 minutes, she struck it well but the gk made a great save and Brewer was unlucky not to make the follow-up in time.

It would be those two that would combine a minute later, as Brewer put the ball through to a perfectly timed run of Shaw who demonstrated her own trademark as she slid in and knocked the ball passed the out rushing GK.

2-0 with 10 minutes on the clock.

Shaw quickly made it it 3-0 2 minutes later this time Folkenstern playing her through.

Brewer had a good chance in the 24th minute when Folkenstern should have shot but opted to feed Brewer who saw her good effort well saved and the defender narrowly beating her to the rebound.

Miles added her second of the game on the 34th minute receiving the ball from Yeo before turning and finishing well from 25yds again.

She then completed her hat-trick 3 minutes later with an almost identical goal, receiving the ball from Hughes before completing her party (hat) trick and making it 5-0.

Hughes and Shaw then both tested the Milton United GK some more before a combination of good goalkeeping and defence denied Miles, Asira and Shaw in quick succession before half time.

HT 5-0 and we were playing some of the best football we have played. Benjamin and Hughes freeing up our attacking players to go and enjoy themselves.

Having looked defeated at the end of the first half Milton United came out with a renewed vigour in the second. They appeared to have changed their shape and their early energy almost caught us out. Luckily Hillier was on hand to take a good cross before any danger came of it.

We were able to absorb the quick start and settled after about 5 minutes with Curtin hitting the GK with a decent chance before Lewis almost scored with her second touch, chesting the ball down on the edge of the box before getting her volley a little wrong and sending it harmlessly wide.

That range finder worked out well for her 3 minutes later though as Shaw put through Lewis to make it 6-0 on the 56th.

Lewis then returned the favour to Shaw 2 minutes later but the chance was well blocked, before Miles was off down the right-wing and found Shaw with a cross who was able to take a touch and finish from close range 7-0 and Shaws hat-trick complete.

We were playing very well, limiting Milton Uniteds attack with some great organisation at the back and through the DMs and attacking with purpose.

We made it 8-0 on the 73rd minute when Yeo played a long ball forward from the back, Lewis was there to take a touch as it came out of the air which would have given Brewer an open goal had it not been for it hitting the defending chasing back and going in.

Yeo had clearly saved some energy for the last period of the game and a minute later went on a little adventure from the back, before finding Lewis with a good pass who in turn found Shaw for her 4th of the game and our 9th.

While Miles and Shaw were enjoying the goals, Brewer seemed to be having one of those days, she beat 3 players and rounded the GK before hitting a great shot only to see it blocked on the line by a defender.

Hughes then almost caught the GK out on the 78th minute with a long-range effort but she made another good save, tipping it over.

Folkenstern had a good effort blocked on the 80th minute before Brewer finally got her elusive goal in the 84th. Folkenstern sending the ball out wide for Miles who fired in a low cross for Brewer to run onto and finish from close range. 10-0

We kept the pressure on but to their credit Milton United did not give up, blocking two more attempts on the line to stop us adding to the score line.

It was a superb performance by us but credit to our opposition who had worked hard and kept the game honest till the end.

?Player of the match went to Rosie Eden who was still a constant threat going forward, despite playing a different position at the back for us, while stifling the pace of the Milton United forward.

?Managers player also went to Rosie who was in a long line of potential candidates.

? Rory votes were split between Liane Folkenstern and Hollie Shaw who managed to clatter each other during an attack in the first half with the latter Shaw coming out on top to take a rare Rory win.

Start a Conversation